- Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon has a total area is 65,610 sq. km. and an estimated population of 20.3 million people.
- Sinhala, Tamil and English are the official languages in Sri Lanka.
- The Golden Temple of Dambulla is a UNESCO World Heritage site, along with the ancient cities of Pollonaruwa and Sigiriya.
- The current president is Maithripala Sirisena and the current prime minister is Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- Sri Lanka’s national bird is the Jungle Fowl, a colorful ground bird.
- The capital of Sri Lanka is Colombo.
- Click here to learn about Sri Lanka’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
To learn more about this colorful country please click here.