Below is a random sampling of articles pulled from online news sites reporting on the region. They update periodically and are meant to keep you apprised of the news specific to these countries. Clicking on them will take you directly to the newspaper article. Please remember that articles have not been specifically selected by Vibrant South Asian and the content in this section is not reflective of the views of Vibrant South Asian or its board members.
- Bangabandhu killers must be repatriated: Law ministerLaw Minister Anisul Huq today expressed his strong determination that the government must repatriate the perpetrators of the assassination of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and his family members to ensure their punishment. “We ... read more
- Flood affects 27 dists, claims 93 lives: MinistryThe ongoing flood, caused by heavy downpour and onrush of hilly waters, so far, affected 27 districts and claimed 93 lives, according to official account. ... read more
- Women climbers on Ramdung peak to prepare for Mt Everest
- Bhutanese Medical students in Sri Lanka asked to return homeAccording to the Kuensel Bhutan, the Bhutanese Department of Adult and Higher Education (DAHE) has issued a statement requesting all Bhutanese undergraduate students currently studying medicine to return home, should the ongoing strikes continue beyond ... read more
- Peradeniya students protest against the arrest of Ryan JayalathA group of students from the Peradeniya University have organized a protest against the arrest of the convener of the Medical Faculty Student s Action committee Ryan Jayalath in Kandy today (19). MORE ... read more
- Damage to Morang-Sunsari Irrigation Project estimated at Rs 800mlnPATHARI, MORANG: The Morang-Sunsari Irrigation Project has suffered a loss estimated Rs 800 million due to the floods triggered by heavy rainfall last week. The major canal of the project had to be closed since ... read more